Bulk discount rates
Automatically save when you buy in bulk.
|Buy 6 - 11
|and get 10% off
|Buy 12 or above
|and get 15% off
8" ECO Funnel® with 38mm cap adapter (Fits containers with either a 38-430, 38-439 or GL38 closure). The EF2 is the newest version of our 8" ECO Funnel. This patented safety funnel features a long tube to prevent evaporation, a short airlock tube, and a gasket to help keep fumes safely contained. The larger 8" ECO Funnel includes an additional safety feature to prevent over-filling that the 4" version does not have; the secondary air-lock tube creates a small air gap in your waste container, which causes fluid to back up temporarily into the funnel when the container is full. After the screw cap adapter is loosened, the remaining fluid will safely flow into the container and not spill.
|8" ECO Funnel® IV # EF2-3004C
|4 Liter LDPE bottle EC-2004
4 Liter Autoclavable PP NG-2203-0010
4 Liter Amber Autoclavable PP NG-2204-0010
4 Liter Amber Glass Solvent Bottle ;EC-38GL
- Flat lid design prevents accidental pouring when the funnel is closed
- Simple latch design clicks open and shut easily with one hand
- Removable large particle filter catches stir bars and other items before it's too late
- Detachable tube extends into the waste container to minimize chemical evaporation
- Large gasket inside of the lid helps contain remaining fumes
- Secondary air-lock tube helps prevent over-filling
- 2000 mL fluid capacity
- Easy close features a large inner gasket
- Chemical resistant HDPE construction
- Can be custom fitted with up to 8 HPLC waste lines
- Funnel top without the stem measures 9" W x 11"L
- Lid is flat to prevent mistakes while pouring
- Made in the USA
- Solves the "open waste container" problem.
- Prevents emissions of 99.9% of volatile waste solvents, acids, and bases in the laboratory.
- Has a unique, patented design that meets most local, state and federal safety regulations and requirements.
- May be used safely for years and resists nearly all corrosive chemicals.
- Is considered an essential lab safety tool by environmental health and safety officers and industry professionals.
- Widely used in Pharmaceutical, Biotech, Academic and Government laboratories.
- Small footprint allows for use in a fume hood or in lab sink.
The ECO Funnel is the ultimate lab safety product for collection of hazardous liquid waste. Its unique, patented design performs two functions, acting as both a sealed waste container and also as a solvent funnel. The 8" ECO Funnel® is made of HDPE and has a 2 Liter fluid capacity. This solvent waste funnel with lid is designed with a custom screw cap which secures it to a specified waste container. It also features a gasket inside the lid. A removable filter is also built into the interior to reduce the loss of stir bars or other large particles in the waste liquid. The ECO Funnel is a pass-through system, meaning chemicals are not sitting in the funnel for any length of time, so it's HDPE construction is compatible with most solvents including those that need to be stored in glass.
ECO Funnel FAQ
Does the ECO Funnel® comply with regulations for emissions from open waste containers?
Yes. The primary function of the ECO Funnel is to reduce the emission of volatile solvents to near zero, while providing a convenient way to handle temporary waste in the lab.
Are there any chemicals that should be avoided when using the ECO Funnel®?
Yes, you should avoid strong acids, bases and oxidizers that can jeopardize HDPE.
Can the ECO Funnel® be kept on the waste bottle 24 hrs a day?
We recommend that the ECO Funnel be removed from a waste container when not in use, just like any other funnel. They are for the collection of temporary waste only. Waste should be frequently transferred to a more permanent waste container for optimum safety.
Read all our ECO Funnel FAQ
Segregate your waste streams with color-coded ECO Funnels. Every organization has its own color-coding rules and systems in place, but proper segregation of hazardous waste is required for all laboratories. One popular way to color-code chemicals is described to the right. You can use our four lid colors to keep certain waste streams separate. Common chemical waste disposal rules to follow:
|Red = flammables
|Blue = toxic (chloroform, cyanide, heavy metals) or corrosive and/or aqueous
|Yellow = reactive
|Green - General low hazard chemicals or oxidizing agents