SmartDoc 2.0 Gel Visualization and Smart Phone Imaging System
Introducing the SmartDoc 2.0. This complete system has been developed for safely viewing nucleic acids in agarose gels and also for capturing quality digital images with a smart phone camera. Blue light is used instead of UV, which is safer for lab personnel and will not damage DNA samples.
The illumination base emits an intense blue light with a peak output of 460nm for optimum excitation of nucleic acids stained with safe green dyes. The orange cover fits on tip of the illumination base and acts as a filter to absorb blue light, allowing visualization of the fluorescing samples. The cover can also be set at an angle for gel access and cutting our DNA bands for further study.
The SmartDoc imaging enclosure includes an orange photo filter for photography of the gels with a smartphone. An extending adapter can be inserted for full dimension imaging of gels up to 15 x15 cm or removed for close up pictures. The enclosure can also be used directly on any other existing UV or blue light Transilluminator. Additional filters are available for imaging gels on a UV Transilluminator.
- Ideal for common safe stains
- Visible blue light will not damage DNA
- Quality gel imaging with any smart phone
- Gel access for DNA band cutting
- Imaging enclosure can also be used on existing transilluminators
- Maximum Gel Size: 15 x 15 cm
- Excitation Source: 230 high intensity blue LEDs and blue filters
- Orange photo filter: Orange PMMA, 12 mm aperture
- Orange viewing cover: Orange PMMA, 18 x 18cm
- Dimensions (WxDxH): 23 x 19 x 22 cm
- Weight: 0.9 kg
- Phone Compatibility: IPhone, Samsung, LG, HTC, and tablets with camera.
- Electrical: 12VDC Power supply included (U.S. or E.U)