Secondary Containment

EPA, UFC and RCRA Secondary Containment requirements come from a variety of sources, with the main source being the Environmental Protection Agency. The EPA refers to the need for secondary containment in two different areas:
1) Small/Portable Secondary Containment (Use and Management of Containers, 40 CFR 264.175), which covers portable storage containers, such as 55-gallon drums, for hazardous waste, and
2) Large/Stationary Secondary Containment (Tank Systems, 40 CFR 264.193), which covers large stationary containers, such as tank systems, for hazardous waste. Facilities that store hazardous materials may also be required to meet the either the UFC or IFC depending on what the locality has adopted. Review the Regulations on Secondary Containers here.