PTFE and Teflon Chemical Compatibility Chart
What Chemicals are Compatible with PTFE and Teflon®*?
- PTFE is the most versatile plastic in terms of chemical compatibility
- Highly resistant to most acids, alcohols, detergents and solvents
- Ideal for use with reactive and corrosive chemicals
- The melting point of PTFE1 is 600°K (327°C / 620°F)
- Low temperature: maintains high strength, toughness and self-lubrication as low as 5°K (-268°C /-450°F) and good flexibility at 194°K (-79°C / -110°F)
- NOT compatible with certain alkali metals and fluorinating agents such as xenon difluoride and cobalt(III) fluoride