Those wonderful people at Wiki came up with lots of great ideas on how to celebrate Earth Day. Here are some good ones. For more ideas, visit http://www.wikihow.com/Celebrate-Earth-Day
1. Learn more about the environment. When was the last time you read an article about how you can help the environment? Earth Day is a great reminder to take some time to learn more about the world around you. There’s always different issues arising in a changing environment like our planet and the best way to tackle these problems is to stay informed.
2. Plant a Tree. As the date of Earth Day roughly coincides with U.S. Arbor Day, planting trees is a popular Earth Day activity. Trees helps to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, clean pollution, secure soil in place to prevent erosion, and provide homes for many birds, insects and other animals. There's almost no more important, long-lasting act you can do to celebrate Earth Day.
3. Invite your friends and family over for a special Earth Day meal. Cooking with organic and sustainable fruits and vegetables are a great way to celebrate the earth. If you would like to cook with meat look for locally produced organic meat. Try to only cook with organic food.
4. Clean up litter in your neighborhood. This can be a wonderful community project for local groups to get involved in. Many people use the weekend of Earth Day to clear roadways and parks of debris since the last clean-up day. Once the group has collected the trash and placed the recycled bags along the road, get the village public works department to pick the bags up.
5. Spread the word about Earth Day. Everyone has environmental knowledge about their community. Taking the time to talk with friends, students and colleagues about the issues that mean the most to you can make a big impact.
All prices are in USD.