Small glass vessels fabricated from USP Type I borosilicate glass, providing maximum solution stability and easy hermetic sealing. Kimble Chase ampules are offered in capacities ranging from 1 mL to 20 mL and in a variety of pack sizes.
- Pre-scored constricted portion of the stem permits safe and easy opening while eliminating the need for filing
- Amber glass is recommended for light-sensitive compounds
- Stems can be pull or tip-sealed
- Excellent dimensional stability for high speed filling and sealing operations
- Customization including barcoding, pre-cleaning, and other capacities and styles is available; contact Customer Service
- Amber ampules are manufactured from 51 expansion borosilicate glass conforming to USP Type 1 requirements
- Clear ampules are manufactured from 51 expansion borosilicate glass conforming to USP Type I and ASTM E438, Type I, Class B requirements
Methods of Sealing: For the tip-sealing method, while holding the ampule body, heat the tip in the flame approximately 3-4 mm from the top. Gently rotate the ampule while heating until the melted glass fuses into a smooth dome. The tip-sealing method is better suited for short stem ampules.
To use the pull-sealing method, heat the center of the ampule stem in the flame. As the glass softens, rotate the ampule while pulling the top off. This method may be used to seal all ampule configurations.
Instructions for opening ampules: To open an ampule, grasp the stem in one hand and the body in the other, placing thumbs tip-to-tip near the constriction. Using thumb tips as a hinge, bend the stem and the body to break the ampule open. A special ampule file is not required.