Bulk discount rates
Automatically save when you buy in bulk.
|Buy 6 - 11||and get 10% off|
|Buy 12 or above||and get 15% off|
Please note: we do not accept returns for this item.
PureFlo PF60 ESM+ PAPR Respirator Hood with Built-in Hard Hat for industrial use. The all-in-one, head mounted PureFlo® ESM+ Powered Air Purifying Respirators are the next generation of the industry leading ESM PAPRs. A self-contained, head mounted, powered air purifying respirator designed for use in medium and heavy-duty industries including smelting, construction, metal recycling and welding. Includes a built-in electronic system and a unique air circulator system.
No belt-mounted blower unit required, which improves comfort and makes the PAPR ideal for use with a range of protective workwear. The unique air circulation system creates a smooth continuous flow of air that draws air from surrounding environment through filter located at rear of helmet. Refined, built-in Electronic System Management (ESM) continually monitors all functions and provides a self-diagnostic system check to ensure proper functioning at all times. A simple LED user interface features an audio alarm. During use, the LED will remain green if the unit is operating normally; if it flashes red fast, and you hear three fast tones, this indicates low airflow or that there is no filter fitted; if it slowly flashes red, with two slow tones, it means the battery is low. Face shield of high-impact resistant polycarbonate has anti-scratch coating on both sides and provides protection against impact, high impact, and splashes. Each unit contains a fully capsuled blower module with a single 7-way IP67** connector between the sidebars and blower/motor unit with a standard internal on/off switch.
- Package includes: 2 battery chargers, 2 battery packs, 1 HEPA filter (or HE/HF/HC filter) , 1 Visor lock (installed) , Instruction manual and Warranty Information
- Can be worn in tight spaces because there are no belts, hoses, or other snag hazards
- Can be worn with fall protection harnesses without interference
- Long-lasting battery life
- High, smooth air flow rate:
- Delivers air at 7.6 CFM into the breathing zone under normal circumstances
- Booster switch can be manually activated to increase airflow to 8.2 CFM or 230 L/m for hotter/ extreme working conditions
- Choice of HEPA (HE) filter or a combination HE/HF/HC filter (Hydrogen Fluoride and Hydrogen Chloride) ; both remove 99.97% of liquid or solid based contaminants; effective for removal of nuisance odors from organic vapors
- Altitude sensor adjusts flow rate
- APF 1000* Head, Eye/Face protection: ANSI Z87.1+ :2015 & SEI Certified & Listed
- Highly adjustable Quick Release Headband offers maximum comfort, fit, and stability
- Quick and fail-proof filter changes
- Highly durable with rust-proof hardware
- 4 protective Neck Cape options available, which create self-contained positive pressure environments, providing additional protection to the lower face and neck area
- Internal power switch (Recommended for maximum safety. Optional external switches are also available. Contact us for a quote.)
- Heat protection and accessories are available
Technical Specifications for the PureFlo Hard Hat PF60 ESM+
|PAPR||NIOSH approved 42 CFR 84, CSA Standard Z94.4|
|Weight||Without filter and batteries = 2.945 lbs. (1335g)|
|With batteries and HE filter = 4.091 lbs. (1855g)|
|With batteries and HE/HF/HC Cartridge = 4.94 lbs. (2240g)|
|Noise level||Less than 70 dB|
|Airflow rate||8.1 CFM / 230 Liter/Min|
|FM Non-Incendive||US and Canada Class I, II, III, Div. 2, Groups ABCDEFG|
|Assigned Protection Factor (APF) 1000*||Demonstrated by SWPF testing – 29 Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) 1910.134 (d) (3) (i) (A)|
|Industrial Head Protection / Hard Hat||ANSI Z89.1 Type 1 Class G|
|Eye and Face Protection / Face Shield||ANSI Z87.1+ :2015 Certified; SEI Certified and Listed|
|Filter Type||HEPA (HE) or HEPA/HF/HC *Nuisance OV|
|Flow Rate||8.1 CFM or 230 Liters/Min|
|Noise Level||Under 70dB|
|Assigned Protection Factor (APF)||APF 1000 Neck Cape demonstrated by SWPF study/testing|
|FM Nonincendive US and Canada||Class I, II, III, Div 2, Groups ABCDEFG|
|Head Size Range||6 3/8" - 7 7/8" or 54 - 61cm|
|Charger Specifications||110V/240V AC/50 or 60 Hz/200 mA|
|Battery Type||5 Cell Nickel Metal Hydride 6v, 2.2 Ah per pack|
|Battery Duration||Up to 7 Hours with Two Batteries|
|Recharge Time||2.5 Hours from Full Discharge|
Filter Installation Notes
- Do not open packaging until ready to install the filter or cartridge
- Do not replace filter or cartridge with the unit running
- Filter must be replaced when the LED Indicator Light blinks
- Be careful to not cross contaminate interior of helmet during replacement
- Avoid cross-threading during installation
Protective Neck Cape options
Standard Black STEDPRENE® FR Material
White Integrity 1800 Material
|Disposable Neck Cape White Tychem 2000 (QC) Single or Double Bib
Commonly Asked Questions
What is a PAPR?
A Powered Air Purifying Respirator is battery-operated safety equipment, consisting of a facepiece, battery-operated blower, and particulate filters. A PAPR uses a blower to pass contaminated air through a HEPA filter, which removes the contaminant and supplies purified air to a facepiece.
Isn't an all-in-one system too heavy for comfort?
Until proper adjustments are made, the PureFlo may seem heavy. However, the key to comfort is the center of gravity and weight distribution on a worker's head. PureFlo ESM+ utilizes a high quality, adjustable, quick-release headband, which can be adjusted to comfortably fit the workers head via ratchet adjustment. Other contributing factors include the height of the unit, which can be raised or lowered, and adjusted forward or backward.
Isn't the PureFlo more expensive than other options?
Actually, the long lifetime, superior quality and performance, ease of use, and reduced maintenance make these premium PureFlo PAPRs less expensive over time than many common alternatives, despite the upfront cost.
Can I upgrade an older model?
Yes, we can help existing PureFlo ESM PAPR customers get the benefits of the new ESM+ PAPRs, Gentex Corporation is offering an upgrade kit! Contact us for a quote.
* The employer must have evidence provided by the respiratory manufacturer that testing of these respirators demonstrates performance of a level of protection of 1,000 or greater to receive an APF 1,000. This level of performance can best be demonstrated by performing a workplace protection factor (WPF) or simulated workplace protection factor (SWPF) study or equivalent testing.
**IP67 = 6 – protection against dust / 7- protection against the effect of immersion between 15 cm and 1m
Industries and Applications
PureFlo products are widely used and preferred by customers in a wide range of industries. The PureFlo ESM+ PF50 PAPR is ideal for light duty industries, and the PureFlo ESM+ PF60 PAPR is ideal for medium and heavy-duty industries, both supporting numerous applications:
|Industry||Key Applications||Target Hazards|
|Manufacturing||Fabrication||Respirator Hazard Particulate Dust|
|Welding||Manganese Exposures In Stainless Welding|
|Sanding||Hexavalent Chromium Issues|
|Oil / Gas||Catalyst Change out||Respiratory / Chemical Splash|
|Chemical / Petrochemical||Acid Line Breaking||Chemical / Acid Splash|
|Aluminum Alkyls Pyrophoric Flash|
|Pharmaceutical Industries||Cleanroom Tasks||Respiratory Hazard Particulate Dust|
|Construction||Concrete Cutting||Silica Dust Exposures|
|Eye / Face / Head Injuries|
|Steel / Aluminum Mills||Ox Lancing|
|Foundries||Grinding||Beryllium and Lead Exposures|
|Mining||Removal||Silica Dust Exposures|
|Paper Mills||Torch Cutting|
|Health Care||Pandemic Preparedness Response||Biological Hazards (i.e. exposure to blood and bloodborne pathogens)|
|Laboratories||Cleanroom Tasks||Respirator Hazard Particulate Dust|
|Lead Cleanup||Lead Dust|