Bulk discount rates
Automatically save when you buy in bulk.
|Buy 6 - 11||and get 10% off|
|Buy 12 or above||and get 15% off|
These 1 quart sharps containers are pre-labeled with the biohazard symbol and marked as regulated medical waste. Designed for individuals and small volume operations. Meets OSHA standards.
OSHA Requirements: How should sharps containers be handled?
Each sharps container must either be labeled with the universal biohazard symbol and the word "biohazard" or be color-coded red. Sharps containers must be maintained upright throughout use, replaced routinely, and not be allowed to overfill.
Sharps containers must be:
- Closed immediately prior to removal or replacement to prevent spillage or protrusion of contents during handling, storage, transport, or shipping
- Placed in a secondary container if leakage is possible. The second container must be:
- Constructed to contain all contents and prevent leakage during handling, storage, transport, or shipping
- Labeled or color-coded according to the standard.
- Reusable containers must not be opened, emptied, or cleaned manually or in any other manner that would expose employees to the risk of percutaneous injury.
- Upon closure, duct tape may be used to secure the lid of a sharps container, as long as the tape does not serve as the lid itself.