This 4" ECO Funnel® is designed to fit heavy duty Nalgene® carboys with a 83B closure. Our patented ECO Funnel features a latching lid with gasket to keep fumes contained. A removable large particle filter catches stir bars or other items. A detachable tube extends into the waste container and reduces chemical evaporation.
|Dimensions: Lid Open||7"L x 5"W x 21"H|
|Dimensions: Lid Closed||7"L x 5"W x 16.5"H|
|Fits Container||10 Liter LDPE EC-20010
10 Liter Amber HDPE NG-2256-7020
15 Liter LDPE NG-2210-0040
20 Liter LDPE NG-2210-0050
|6 - 11||10%|
|12 or more||15%|
- Small ECO Funnel® features a 4" diameter opening
- 450 mL fluid capacity
- Latching lid with inner gasket
- Chemical resistant HDPE construction
- Removable stir-bar catcher screen
- Detachable tube reduces chemical evaporation of hazardous solvents
- Can be custom fitted with up to 6 HPLC waste lines
- Funnel top without the stem measures 5" W x 7"L
- Made in the USA
Benefits of ECO Funnel
- Solves the "open waste container" problem.
- Prevents emissions of 99.9% of volatile waste solvents, acids, and bases in the laboratory.
- Has a unique, patented design that meets most local, state and federal safety regulations and requirements.
- May be used again and again and resists nearly all corrosive chemicals.
- Is considered a state of the art product by environmental health and safety officers and industry professionals.
- Applies to Pharmaceutical, Biotech, Academic and Government laboratories and is widely used.
The ECO Funnel is the ultimate lab safety product for collection of hazardous liquid waste. Its unique, patented design performs two functions, acting as both a sealed waste container and also as a solvent funnel. The 4" ECO Funnel® is made of HDPE and has a 450 mL fluid capacity. This solvent waste funnel is designed with a custom screw cap which secures it to a specified waste container. It also features a closed-cell HDPE gasket inside the lid and a sturdy positive latch which ensures the lid remains securely closed. A removable filter is also built into the interior to reduce the loss of stir bars or other large particles in the waste liquid. The ECO Funnel is a pass-through system, meaning chemicals are not sitting in the funnel for any length of time, so its HDPE construction is compatible with most solvents including those that need to be stored in glass. Check Chemical Compatibility with HDPE.
ECO Funnel FAQ
Does the ECO Funnel® comply with regulations for emissions from open waste containers?
Yes. The primary function of the ECO Funnel is to reduce the emission of volatile solvents to near zero, while providing a convenient way to handle temporary waste in the lab.
Are there any chemicals that should be avoided when using the ECO Funnel®?
Yes, you should avoid strong acids, bases and oxidizers that can jeopardize HDPE.
Can the ECO Funnel® be kept on the waste bottle 24 hrs a day?
We recommend that the ECO Funnel be removed from a waste container when not in use, just like any other funnel. They are for the collection of temporary waste only. Waste should be frequently transferred to a more permanent waste container for optimum safety.
Read all our ECO Funnel FAQ