Bulk discount rates
Automatically save when you buy in bulk.
|Buy 6 - 11||and get 10% off|
|Buy 12 or above||and get 15% off|
This 8" ECO Funnel® is designed to fit a heavy duty plastic jug with a 38-430 closure. However, it can also be securely safely to a glass jug with a GL38 or 38-439 closure, as long as the funnel is very gently secured and not over-tightened. Our patented funnel design features a latching lid with gasket to keep fumes contained. A removable large particle filter catches stir bars or other items. A detachable tube extends into the waste container to minimize chemical evaporation. The 8" version of our ECO Funnel includes an additional safety feature to prevent over-filling; a secondary air-lock tube creates a small air gap in your waste container, which causes fluid to back up temporarily into the funnel when the container is full. After the screw cap adapter is loosened, the remaining fluid will safely flow into the container and not spill.
|Dimensions: Lid Open||9"L x11"W x 27.5"H|
|Dimensions: Lid Closed||9"L x11"W x 19"H|
|Fits Container||4L EC-2004 |
4 Liter Autoclavable NG-2203-0010
4 Liter Amber Autoclavable NG-2204-0010
- Large ECO Funnel® features a 8" diameter opening
- 2000 mL fluid capacity
- Latching lid with inner gasket
- Chemical resistant HDPE construction
- Removable stir-bar catcher screen
- Detachable tube reduces chemical evaporation of hazardous solvents
- Secondary air lock tube helps prevent overfilling and spills
- Can be custom fitted with up to 8 HPLC waste lines
- Funnel top without the stem measures 9" W x 11"L
- Made in the USA
Benefits of ECO Funnel®
- Solves the "open waste container" problem.
- Prevents emissions of 99.9% of volatile waste solvents, acids, and bases in the laboratory.
- Has a unique, patented design that meets most local, state and federal safety regulations and requirements.
- May be used again and again and resists nearly all corrosive chemicals.
- Is considered a state of the art product by environmental health and safety officers and industry professionals.
- Applies to Pharmaceutical, Biotech, Academic and Government laboratories and is widely used.
The ECO Funnel is the ultimate lab safety product for collection of hazardous liquid waste. Its unique, patented design performs two functions, acting as both a sealed waste container and also as a solvent funnel. The 8" ECO Funnel® is made of HDPE and has a 2 liter fluid capacity. This solvent waste funnel is designed with a custom screw cap which secures it to a specified waste container. It also features a closed-cell HDPE gasket inside the lid and a sturdy positive latch which ensures the lid remains securely closed. A removable filter is also built into the interior to reduce the loss of stir bars or other large particles in the waste liquid. The ECO Funnel is a pass-through system, meaning chemicals are not sitting in the funnel for any length of time, so its HDPE construction is compatible with most solvents including those that need to be stored in glass.
ECO Funnel FAQ
Does the ECO Funnel® comply with regulations for emissions from open waste containers?
Yes. The primary function of the ECO Funnel is to reduce the emission of volatile solvents to near zero, while providing a convenient way to handle temporary waste in the lab.
Are there any chemicals that should be avoided when using the ECO Funnel®?
Yes, you should avoid strong acids, bases and oxidizers that can jeopardize HDPE.
Can the ECO Funnel® be kept on the waste bottle 24 hrs a day?
We recommend that the ECO Funnel be removed from a waste container when not in use, just like any other funnel. They are for the collection of temporary waste only. Waste should be frequently transferred to a more permanent waste container for optimum safety.
Read all our ECO Funnel FAQ
Segregate your waste streams with color-coded ECO Funnels. Every organization has its own color-coding rules and systems in place, but proper segregation of hazardous waste is required for all laboratories. One popular way to color-code chemicals is described to the right. You can use our four lid colors to keep certain waste streams separate. Common chemical waste disposal rules to follow:
|Common Color |
|Red = flammables|
|Blue = toxic (chloroform, cyanide, heavy metals) or corrosive and/or aqueous|
|Yellow = reactive|
|Green - General low hazard chemicals or oxidizing agents|