This is the updated version of our EF-3004C funnel. The newly released 8" ECO Funnel® EF2-3004C features a 38mm closure that fits easily on both glass and plastic. Our patented design features a flat lid design with large inner gasket to keep fumes safely contained.
- New Flat lid design prevents accidental pouring when the funnel is closed
- Simpler latch design clicks open and shut easily with one hand
- Removable large particle filter catches stir bars and other items
- Detachable tube extends into the waste container to minimize chemical evaporation
- New screw cap adapter design threads securely onto most glass or plastic bottles with a 38mm closure (Fits 38-430, GL38, 38-439)
- New larger gasket is attached to the inside of the lid
The 8" version of our ECO Funnel includes an additional safety feature to prevent over-filling that the 4" version does not have; a secondary air-lock tube creates a small air gap in your waste container, which causes fluid to back up temporarily into the funnel when the container is full. After the screw cap adapter is loosened, the remaining fluid will safely flow into the container and not spill.
|Funnel||8" ECO Funnel® IV # EF2-3004C|
|Fits Container||4 Liter LDPE bottle EC-2004 |
4 Liter Autoclavable PP NG-2203-0010
4 Liter Amber Autoclavable PP NG-2204-0010
|6 - 11||10%|
|12 or more||15%|
- 8" diameter opening
- Detachable tube minimizes evaporation
- Secondary air-lock tube
- 2000 mL fluid capacity
- Easy close features a large inner gasket
- Chemical resistant HDPE construction
- Removable stir-bar catcher screen
- Can be custom fitted with up to 8 HPLC waste lines
- Funnel top without the stem measures 9" W x 11"L
- Lid is flat to prevent mistakes while pouring
- Lid auto-closes and cannot be left open on accident
- Made in the USA
Benefits of ECO Funnel®
- Solves the "open waste container" problem.
- Prevents emissions of 99.9% of volatile waste solvents, acids, and bases in the laboratory.
- Has a unique, patented design that meets most local, state and federal safety regulations and requirements.
- May be used again and again and resists nearly all corrosive chemicals.
- Is considered a state of the art product by environmental health and safety officers and industry professionals.
- Applies to Pharmaceutical, Biotech, Academic and Government laboratories and is widely used.
- Small footprint allows for use in a fume hood
The ECO Funnel is the ultimate lab safety product for collection of hazardous liquid waste. Its unique, patented design performs two functions, acting as both a sealed waste container and also as a solvent funnel. The 4" ECO Funnel® is made of HDPE and has a 450 mL fluid capacity. This solvent waste funnel is designed with a custom screw cap which secures it to a specified waste container. It also features a gasket inside the lid. A removable filter is also built into the interior to reduce the loss of stir bars or other large particles in the waste liquid. The ECO Funnel is a pass-through system, meaning chemicals are not sitting in the funnel for any length of time, so it's HDPE construction is compatible with most solvents including those that need to be stored in glass. Check Chemical Compatibility with HDPE.
ECO Funnel FAQ
Does the ECO Funnel® comply with regulations for emissions from open waste containers?
Yes. The primary function of the ECO Funnel is to reduce the emission of volatile solvents to near zero, while providing a convenient way to handle temporary waste in the lab.
Are there any chemicals that should be avoided when using the ECO Funnel®?
Yes, you should avoid strong acids, bases and oxidizers that can jeopardize HDPE.
Can the ECO Funnel® be kept on the waste bottle 24 hrs a day?
We recommend that the ECO Funnel be removed from a waste container when not in use, just like any other funnel. They are for the collection of temporary waste only. Waste should be frequently transferred to a more permanent waste container for optimum safety.
Read all our ECO Funnel FAQ
|Dimensions: Lid Open||9"L x11"W x 27.5"H|
|Dimensions: Lid Closed||9"L x11"W x 19"H|
|Fits Container||4L EC-2004 |
4 Liter Autoclavable NG-2203-0010
4 Liter Amber Autoclavable NG-2204-0010