Drum Lock Safety Clamp Starter Kit, Choose Filter & Collar color. Note: Only for use with plastic drums. Do not use with metal drums.
This Drum Lock Safety Clamp Starter Kit gets you everything you need to safely feed chemicals in and out of drums while minimizing fumes and complying with FDA regulations. Kit Includes the following:
- (1) Drum Feed Safety Clamp (choose model)
- (1) Replacement filter (same model)
- (1) Spare EPDM plug fitting CFS-1013
- (1) Spare Silicone plug fitting CFS-1012
- (10) Drum Seal Tags # CFS-1014 (lock-out tag-out serialized ID safety tags)
A safe, fast, effective way to increase the safety of your chemical feed system. Outer drum-lock clamp housing is made of polypropylene and is available in many colors to reduce cross-contamination of chemicals, by color-coding safety devices to chemical drums. Ideal for anyone who uses chemical feeds and Clean-in-place (CIP) methods.
Choose your preferred style: Standard White Chemical Filter (most popular model # CFS-1117), Specialized Application: Sanitary 3/8" Feed Tube Black Chemical Filter (CFS-1118), Tear-Out-Center Black Chemical Filter for larger tubing sizes (CFS-1119), or Solid Filter for inactive Lock-Out, Tag-Out drums (CFS-1120).
- As a general rule, these drum locks fit standard plastic UN chemical drums between 15-gallon and 55-gallon that feature a 2" opening with a flange. The precise size range that it will fit is 85mm-92mm. If the widest part of your drum opening is within this range, the clamp will fit securely.
- for Canadian drums, we can install an adhesive foam strip at your request to enable the clamp to fit on the slightly smaller opening typically found on Canadian-made drums.
- Clamps can be applied or removed at any time during fluid feed operation*
- Use in conjunction with the Chemical Drum Seal # CFS-1014 for compliance with the FDA's FSMA (Food Safety Modernization Act). It allows you to seal a chemical drum, while feeding chemical product*. Ideal for Lock-Out, Tag-Out (LOTO) of a chemical drum, while off-line.
- Includes 1 EPDM tapered plug # CFS-1013 and 1 Silicone plug # CFS-1012 for extreme chemicals such as Chloroform, Bromine, and Carbon Tetrachloride,
*except the Solid Filter, which cannot be used during an operation because it cannot have tubing put through it. Solid filter is for use while drum is inactive.
- Easy to use and cost-effective solution to Chemical Feed Problems
- Reduces risk of direct chemical exposure due to "splashing"
- Improves "Indoor Air Quality" (IAQ) - helpful for OSHA inspections
- Reduces contamination of the chemical product by helping to eliminate any dirt, debris, moisture, or environmental hazards from entering the drum
- Aids to reduce cross-contamination by using color-coded Safety Clamps on chemical drums.
- Creates a "greener" work environment, which aids employee's health
- Solid Filter and Drum Seal Tags enable proper Lock out, Tag out procedure for safe storage of chemicals
Drum Lock Safety Clamp is used in the following industries:
- Beverage Processing
- Brewery / Distillation
- Water / Soda / Etc.
- General water treatment
- Pools & Spas
- Car Washes
- Chemical Processing
- Power Generation / Utilities
- Food Manufacturing
- Pulp & Paper
- Health Care
- Design & Build Engineering Services
- Contract Manufacturing