Mercury Spill Kit, Mercsorb Powder.
- DO NOT use a common vacuum cleaner because it will blow mercury vapor into the air. Any contaminated vacuum cleaner must be disposed as hazardous waste.
- DO NOT use a broom. It will cause beads to break up and will spread them over a greater area.
- DO NOT pour mercury down any drain. Mercury can damage plumbing and is a water pollutant.
- DO NOT place mercury contaminated items in a washing machine. It can contaminate the machine and pollute sewage.
- DO NOT walk around areas where mercury has spilled. Shoes may become contaminated and then can be spread throughout areas from those shoes.