Octyl β-D-glucopyranoside ≥98% GC 25 Gram
Synonym:n-Octyl glucoside, OGP
- CAS Number 29836-26-8
- Empirical Formula (Hill Notation) C14H28O6
- Molecular Weight 292.37
- Beilstein/REAXYS Number 84118
- EC Number 249-887-8
- MDL number MFCD00063288
- PubChem Substance ID 24898051
- NACRES NA.21
|mol wt||micellar avg mol wt 25,000|
|CMC||20-25 mM (20-25°C)|
|transition temp||cloud point >100 °C|
Octyl β --D-glucopyranoside has been used:
• In varying concentrations to wash Sepharose beads to study the interaction of Albumin-shFcRn in the presence of Octyl β-D-glucopyranoside
• As a lysis and solubilization solution for bacterial lipoprotein preparation
• To solubilize the recombinant 47 kDa antigen from E. coli cell
• As a component of lysis buffer for determination of protein content by BCA assay
• In deglycolysation process
• As a component of lysis buffer to prepare mitochondrial extracts
Non-ionic, dialyzable detergent for the solubilization and isolation of membrane proteins. Has been shown to increase the resolution of proteins in 2D gels.
Note: These chemicals are for research & laboratory use only. Your order will not be processed if you do not work for, and ship to, a registered laboratory or research facility. Not for topical applications. An official Declaration of Use form may be required.
Most chemicals cannot be expedited.
This item has a Haz-Mat shipping fee built into the price. Fee is applicable only to the first item purchased. Additional HazMat items will be discounted automatically in the shopping cart. HazMat items always require special DOT handling and in rare cases may incur additional fees not levied prior to checkout. Request a quote for the most accurate pricing.
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals which are known to the State of California to cause cancer and reproductive harm. Prop 65 Warning
Please note: This product is not returnable.