Bulk discount rates
Automatically save when you buy in bulk.
|Buy 6 - 11||and get 10% off|
|Buy 12 or above||and get 15% off|
UltraTech 9462 Sorb-44 Filter Media captures hydrocarbons including oil, gas and diesel and removes them from stormwater runoff. Designed for use in an UltraTech® HydroKleen® filter basin. As a general rule of thumb, UltraTech recommends the filters be changed out every six months.
- Sorb 44 Media is used to remove hydrocarbons including oil, gas and diesel fuels
- Different types of media filters can be used depending on what you intend to filter out.
Ordering Assistance for HydroKleen® filters:
An Ultra-HydroKleen® filter chamber holds up to three filter media bags. No filter media or filtering system is 100% effective. The Ultra-HydroKleen® meets the EPA's definition of a BMP that helps an end user reduce stormwater pollutants to the maximum extent practicable (MEP). Results will vary based on local conditions and the extent of a maintenance program.
- Our standard filter media configuration is two bags of Sorb-44 (UT-9462) for hydrocarbon removal and one bag of Activated Carbon (UT-9463) for removing many types of trace chemicals, hydrocarbons and polishing of hydrocarbons.
- Filter media bags can be ordered individually to create a matrix of media to remove different types of pollutants.
- In many cases it is recommended that you place a Sorb-44 hydrocarbon removal filter bag in the initial (top) filter bag position to pull off oil and other hydrocarbons before these pollutants can reduce the effectiveness the other filter media below the Sorb-44 bag.