Bulk discount rates
Automatically save when you buy in bulk.
|Buy 6 - 11||and get 10% off|
|Buy 12 or above||and get 15% off|
Microbiological Monitors are designed specifically for membrane filtration methods used in identifying microorganisms in aqueous samples up to 100 ml. Pre-assembled sterile and disposable unit reduces preparation time and autoclaving expenses while increasing laboratory efficiency. Ready-to-use pre-sterilized filtration unit designed to be attached to vacuum manifold, eliminates the cleaning and sterilization required of reusable funnels and helps to reduce testing time by up to 70%!
Optimize your workflow process by filtering and incubating your sample all in the same unit. Monitors are manufactured to the highest standards in the industry and proven to meet or exceed the requirements of established QA/QC standard test methods.
We offer a diverse product line of high quality membrane filters available in a variety of materials, diameters and pore sizes and suitable for a wide range of applications including cell retention, In Vitro Diagnostics, particle collection, clarification and sterile filtration of aqueous solutions, particulate analysis and microbiological analysis.
These disposable sterile microbiological filtration monitor units are gridded and made of 100% Mixed Cellulose Ester (MCE) Membrane, which ensure the highest binding capacity possible and are commonly used for nucleic acid and protein detection in research and diagnostic applications. They are 100mL capacity and are available in 0.45 µm and 0.2 µm sizes. These filtration monitor units are not welded.
- Sterile, disposable unit eliminates preparation time spent on cleaning and autoclaving
- All in one assembly combines filtration unit and petri dish and helps to minimize contamination
- Preloaded membrane and pad eliminates transfer step and manual manipulation of the membrane
- Built-in magnification lid for colony count
- Reliable, reproducible results unit-to-unit and lot-to-lot
Microbiological analysis of:
- Wastewater: (EPA February 2013 Primary Drinking Water Regulations: Revision to the Total Coliform Rule “Disposable membrane filtration equipment that is pre-sterilized by the manufacturer (i.e. disposable funnel units) may be used.”
- Potable water
- Beer and wine
- Oils, extracts and broths
- Dairy products, juices and soft drinks
- Membrane material: Cellulose Nitrate
- Pore sizes: 0.2 μm (sterilizing) or 0.45 μm (clarification)
- Membrane diameter: 47 mm
- Membrane color: White
- Grid color: Black
- Welded to cup: No
- Diameter: 75x55mm
- Filtration unit: polypropylene sterilized by gamma irradiation
Mixed Cellulose Ester Membranes
Mixed Cellulose Ester Membranes with a pore size of 0.2 or 0.45 μm and membrane diameter of 47 mm are used for monitoring contaminants in liquid samples from raw materials to finished products. Ideal for microbiological analysis of potable water, wastewater, beverages, pharmaceuticals, cosmetics and colony counting.
Relationship of microbe retention to pore size:
|Part #||Size||GE/Whatman Equivalent||Pall Equivalent||Nalgene Equivalent||Recommended Use|
|IWT-MB-0025||0.2 µm||n/a||n/a||145-0020||Rickettsia prowaseki, Brevundimonas diminuta, Pseudomonas diminuta, Pseudomonas aeruginosa, and Lagionella pnaumophila|
|IWT-MB-0027||0.45 µm||10 497 501||4761||145-0045||Coliforms, Fecal Streptococci Staphylococcus aureus and Serratia marcescens|
- Add your sample into the pre-assembled monitor device and filter.
- Remove the funnel for easy conversion into petri dish.
- After filtration is complete, add the appropriate growth media to the preloaded membrane and pad in the remaining petri dish.
- Remove the petri dish from the vacuum manifold, cover the sample with the lid.
- Sample is ready for incubation